The October General Meeting for Norton Youth Soccer is scheduled for Wednesday, October 6th, 7:00pm at the Yelle School cafeteria. Topics for discussion include the Fall Recreational season, Competitive Travel soccer, field restoration update, the upcoming U8 indoor program, and any other organizational issues suggested by the attendees. Next Spring, we will likely lose several valued and dedicated board members so it is imperative that new board members come up through the ranks so that we can continue providing quality programs for our young soccer players. Attending the General Meetings is an important step in getting more involved.
We have been fortunate to have so many sunny Saturday’s thus far in the Fall Rec season. Hopefully, our luck continues. Please be reminded that dogs are not allowed on the fields. Also, we had a number of cars boxed in last Saturday. Some could not leave for hours. Since the parking lot is not lined, please use common sense when parking.
The Board hopes that everyone is enjoying their time on the renovated fields. We are closer than ever to fully restoring all of the fields. Installation of a new well is scheduled for Tuesday, October 5th. Soon thereafter, we will be extending electrical service to the new well and can then begin installation of the irrigation system. Finally, the fields will be seeded. Our hope is that much of this can be done in 2011. This will depend greatly on how quickly we can move things along as well as the ability to fund the project. There are several ways that you can help in this very important project. If you would like to donate materials, services, or volunteer in some capacity, please contact NYS at ny ... @nortonyouthsoccer.org If you would like to donate funds by check, you can send a check to:
Norton Youth Soccer
P.O. Box 680
Norton, MA 02766
Please clearly indicate that the check is to be directed to NYS's Field Restoration project.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! This Thursday October 7th, NYS will be hosting a fundraiser at The Chateau Restaurant of Norton. Enjoy lunch, dinner or order take-out from the Chateau. When paying your check, give the waitperson a special fundraiser ticket. The Chateau Restaurant will contribute 25% of the total bill to NYS. Click here for the fundraiser ticket. All proceeds will go directly to the Field Restoration account.
For those of you who would like to help in other ways, NYS is in need of volunteers in the following areas:
- Sponsor Plaque Delivery: We have an immediate need for a few people to help deliver sponsor plaques to area businesses.
- Sponsorship Lead: Sponsorships are very important in keeping registration and equipment costs reasonable for NYS members. We are in need of someone who would be NYS’ interface to sponsors. Responsibilities include maintaining sponsor lists, sending out letters in the Spring, enhancing the sponsor experience, etc…
- Clothing Stand: Manage sales and inventory of NYS items. Manage clothing stand during the Fall Recreational season.
- Boston Breakers Contact: This individual will serve as the interface between NYS and the Boston Breakers women’s professional soccer team.
While all the attention has been on the Fall Recreational season, the NYS Board has been busy with the upcoming Competitive Travel season. Teams are currently being selected through tryouts with each team playing other towns in the Winter and Spring months. Rosters are being posted as selections are made on the Competitive Travel page of the NYS website. If you have any questions, send an email to our Competitive Travel Director, Gerald Kimber White, at co ... @nortonyouthsoccer.org
NYS plans to again offer our popular U8 Indoor Program. These one-hour games will run for 6 weeks on Sundays starting in November (after the rec season closes). A second session will be considered if there is enough interest. Each hour consists of 15 minutes of practice and a 40-minute scrimmage. This is a recreational division available to any U-06 to U-08 player not on a competitive team. More details will be provided in a separate email. In order for the program to get off the ground, NYS needs one or two volunteers to help administer the program. These individuals will interface with coaches, parents, as well as interface with the board through a designated board member. If you are interested, please send email to ny ... @nortonyouthsoccer.org or speak to Mark Anderson at the fields on Saturday’s.
Finally, congratulations to the winners of the Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge! Results are below. Winners will be contacted shortly and will move on to district level competition.
- 11-year olds: Maddie Fong, 125 points
- 12-year olds: Amy Patrone, 105 points
- 13-year olds: Lauren Caffelle, 100 points
- 14-year olds: Emily Patrone, 125 points
- 10-year olds: Henry Kimber White, 130 points
- 11-year olds: Michael Lavendier, 125 points
- 12-year olds: Sean Cappellini, 190 points
- 13-year olds: Jason O'Neil, 120 points
If you have any ideas or suggestions for NYS, please contact us at ny ... @nortonyouthsoccer.org
Posted by NYS Registrar, Created Mon Oct 4, 2010